Sunday 1 September 2013

Happy Vegan MoFo!

After a super stressful move, I've made it! I'm here in Toronto!
I cannot justify writing much, due the the mass amounts of furniture from Ikea I have to set up still.

Today was great though!
I woke up, walked to the grocery store (as apposed to the 30 minute drive I'm used to), bought a few things, came back, made coffee, ate cereal, then made some popcorn. 


Later in the day I went for a walk with two of my new roommates to the park, where we discussed our equal appreciation for lentil soup, so we went back to our place and I made a really good lentil stew! It was from the top of my head, so I unfortunately don't have any photos, but in brief it was:

2 cloves of garlic
1 onion
1 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs curry powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano 
1/2 tin crushed tomatoes
1 litre veggie stock
2-3 cups of lentils
2 carrots
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp tahini
salt, pepper

Sautée the onion, garlic, curry, paprika and oregano in the coconut oil until onions are translucent. Add the tomatoes and simmer.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil
Reduce heat to simmer and let sit until the lentils are soft!

It was really really good, and really nerve-wracking cooking for people you've only just met!


I'm off to bed now, being as it's 2am.
Expect a better post tomorrow ;)

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great day! I look forward to your continued MoFoing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toronto Rocks! I hope you enjoy your stay here! Check out the Big Carrot for speciality vegan stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lentil stew is always a good answer! Glad you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds great!thanks for a great recipe! I can't wait to see the rest of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell just by looking at the ingredients that THIS SOUP BELONGS IN MA BELLY! :D
    I am in love with lentils right now. Congrats on your move; Toronto sounds like an amazing place to live as a vegan. Super brave of you tho. <3

    ReplyDelete